This is a pretty simple recipe that includes ingredients I almost always have on hand. Nothing spectacular, but something good to turn to when you haven't been grocery shopping in a while. Note that this requires a few hours of marinating for best flavor. The original recipe came from All Recipes.
- 1 egg
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I only used 3)
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbps dried garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- Beat together 1 egg and 6 cloves of diced garlic.
- Place chicken breasts in egg mixture and mix around to coat.
- Cover the chicken mixture and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter and pour into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together the cup of bread crumbs, cup of parmesan cheese, tablespoon of dried parsley, tablespoon of garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip marinated chicken in dry mixture, then place in baking dish.
- When chicken pieces are all in the baking dish, pour the excess egg mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, turning about halfway through, until crispy and juices run clear.
6 cloves of chopped garlic and one egg.
Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat in the mixture:
At this point, cover and refrigerate the chicken to marinate for a few hours. I waited about 5 or 6. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Next, melt about 4 tablespoons of butter.
Pour the melted butter in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
In a wide bowl, place 1 cup of bread crumbs,
1 cup of grated parmesan cheese,
1 tablespoon each of parsley and garlic powder,
There they are!
Stir them around with a fork to combine well.
Pull out the marinated chicken from the fridge,
And dip into the dry mixture, then place into the buttered baking dish.
Pour the excess egg/garlic mixture in with the chicken.
I ended up with a LOT of leftover dry ingredients. I forgot that I was only using 3 pieces of chicken, so I could have reduced the other ingredients a bit. It was a bummer to have to throw all this out!
Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, turning after about 20 minutes.
Crispy and yummy! Just don't eat this if you have a date with a vampire. The garlic is no joke!