Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Easy Beef Enchiladas


As we crawled out of bed this morning, John requested breakfast burritos. This was no surprise, as it is certainly our most common weekend meal.

I decided that as I was preparing it, it would make sense to prep another similar meal for today. I went with a super simple version of enchiladas.



I basically just followed the recipe on the back of a can of enchilada sauce.

1. Brown some ground beef (I used about a pound).
2. Once meat is no longer pink, add about 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce to meat along with 1/3 block of cheese. (I used the leftover orange cheddar cheese from my seven-layer dip the other day.) Stir around until it melts thoroughly.
3. Fill flour tortillas with meat/sauce/cheese mixture, wrap up and place seam-side down in baking pan.
4. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce on top of tortillas.
5. Shred more cheese on top of sauce (I used pepper jack).
6. At this point, I put the enchiladas in the fridge until dinner time.
7. When we were hungry for dinner, I preheated the oven to 375 and baked enchiladas for 20 minutes.

When they made it to my plate, I topped mine with sour cream and avocado. John topped with sour cream and sriracha.

This definitely wasn't one of our favorite meals, but a convenient one for making ahead of time and just popping in the oven when hunger strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment