This is one of the first recipes I made when I started this blog last November. However, that was before I was taking the time to post photos and full descriptions. I went back to make it again and discovered that the original website that I got it from no longer exists! So, here's a full post with the ingredients I use and steps for how I make it. It's a really good, healthy meal that's super easy and uses stuff I always have on hand.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of stewed tomatoes
- Spaghetti pasta
- Put chicken, olive oil, salt, and pepper in crock pot.
- Top with sliced onion and minced garlic.
- Sprinkle in italian seasoning, parsley, and basil.
- Pour in balsamic vinegar.
- Top with stewed tomatoes.
- Turn crock pot on high for 4 hours.
- When ready to eat, boil pasta according to box directions.
Chicken, olive oil, and pepper. (I used frozen chicken, which worked just fine!)
Add onions and garlic.
The dried herbs.
Sprinkle them on top.
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
Pour vinegar on top.
Two cans of stewed tomatoes. I much prefer these to canned diced tomatoes, for some reason.
Pour them on top, add lid to slow cooker, and turn on high for 4 hours.
Here's what it looks like after the 4 hours.
Here's the chicken that was hiding underneath those tomatoes!
I cooked some spaghetti pasta and served the chicken and tomatoes on top.
I served it with a side of my frozen cheesy garlic bread. Delightful!