Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Omlettes



I did not do a very good job with pictures of this one - not really any in-process shots.




I made John some omelettes this weekend, in attempt to use up some of the veggies we had leftover from the week.

This omelette included:
  • 4 eggwhites
  • "Seriously Sharp" white cheddar cheese
  • green bell peppers, diced
  • red bell peppers, diced
  • yellow onion, diced
  • jalapeno, diced
  • tomato, diced
  • shredded beef (kind of weird for an omelette, but I had some more to use up from my shredded Mexican beef last weekend)
On Saturday morning, I chopped enough of the veggies for two days. I made one omelette immediately, and then put the rest in a container (one of my 1-cup prep bowls from Pampered Chef - I'm obsessed with those little bowls and use them constantly!), which made for a much quicker breakfast this morning. 

I love prepping ahead! (John also uses the prep bowls to house his separated eggwhites a couple days in advance, since he makes himself scrambled eggs almost every day before work. Saves a ton of time!)



I'm not a big fan of eggs, so I just ate some toast instead. But John loved this!

No comments:

Post a Comment