Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Sriracha Chicken Strips

Recipe from Budget Bytes
As soon as John saw this recipe over my shoulder as I was browsing the Budget Bytes website, he went crazy for it. He's basically a sriracha-holic...puts it on almost every meal I make. So obviously, he got excited when he saw that these would be marinated in a bath of the good stuff!




Other ingredients include: 
  • Garlic
  • Fresh Ginger
  • Rice Vinegar
  • Egg
  • Flour
  • Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)

I had to pick up some ginger, but the rest of it is all stuff I always keep on hand, so this is definitely something I can make again without much preparation. (Especially now that I have leftover ginger - I keep it in my freezer so it lasts practically forever.)

The verdict:
Delicious! I had a little mishap with the broiler (I'm so bad about keeping a close eye on it!), which is why they look a little toastier than ideal. But I still found it delightful. John thought it was really good, and had a different sort of a flavor to it. (I think it's the ginger flavor, as I rarely cook with it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment