This meal was inspired by a recipe I found on Pinterest a few weeks ago, originating from Picky-Palate.com.
It was a great way to use some pre-cooked chicken (from another whole chicken I cooked in my crockpot this weekend), as well as a bunch of veggies.
- 8 ounces pasta (I used elbow mac)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion (I used yellow)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet peppers (I used bell peppers)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1o ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes, mild (I used real tomatoes and some leftover tomato juice from the other day)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (I skipped this)
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or canned (I used leftover corn I had roasted on the cob earlier)
- 1/2 cup white beans, drained and rinsed (I used a can of cannellini beans)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder (I didn't measure, but I used a lot more!)
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry Ranch seasoning from packet
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (I skipped this)
- Tons of crushed red pepper flakes (this was an addition I made)
- A bunch of squirts of Red Hot (this was an addition I made)
- A couple carrots, cut into strips (this was an addition I made)
John and I both really loved this! It turned out very spicy, thanks to all the extra hot stuff I added.
John, of course, still added some more Red Hot once it was served!